5 Facts about Gaming That Will Blow Your Mind

Photo Source: thenons3nse.deviantart.com

Think you know everything about gaming? Well, let’s see if you know these five mind-blowing facts about gaming.

  • Gamers who prefer action-based video games can make accurate decisions 25% faster.
Photo Source: Meme Generator

Well, that was according to a study conducted by the University of Rochester. In the said study, participants aged 18 to 25 were split into two groups. The first group was tasked to play 50 hours of action-packed first-person shooter games. The second group, on the other hand, played 50 hours of “The Sims 2”. The result? The first group of players was able to make decisions 25% faster than the second.

It only shows that action-based video games can sharpen decision-making skills.

  • It is illegal in New Zealand to own a copy of ManHunt.
Photo Source: Manhunt

Manhunt is survival horror video game released for Microsoft Windows in 2004. The game is praise for its dark tone and well-directed plotline. However, due to the level of graphic violence in the game, Manhunt was banned in several countries including in New Zealand.

As a matter of fact, it is a criminal offense to own a copy of ManHunt in New Zealand. How weird does that sound?

  • 59% of Americans play video games.
Photo Source: jabari-holder.com

According to an infographic released by Video Game Networks, 59% of Americans play video games. 58% of this ratio is male, while the remaining 42% are female. And the surprising thing is that women aged 18 or older represent a greater portion of this population than boys under the age of 17.

These people had spent more than $ 21.53 billion on buying video games, consoles, hardware and accessories in 2013.

  • Minecraft is the best-selling PC game of all time.
playing minecraft
Photo Source: Meme Centre

With more than 23 million copies sold worldwide, Minecraft holds the title of the best-selling PC game of all time. Next in the list are World of Warcraft (14 million copies), Diablo III (12 million), Counter-Strike (12.5 million), and The Sims (11.24 million).

Minecraft is a sandbox, survival game developed by Mojang.

  • PC is the most-chosen platform by developers.
Photo Source: Statista.com

In a survey conducted by the Organizers of Game Developers Conference, 52 percent of developers are currently working on a game to be released on PC.

It only supports the fact that most gamers still prefer PC or gaming laptops when playing video games.

How about you, do you know any facts about gaming? Share it in the comments below.

Comments are closed.